For students who are enrolled in the Global Change PhD Minor
The Global Change Minor offers Dissertation Improvement Grants (DIGs) of $1000 each to be distributed in May 2016. Funds must be used by August 31, 2016.
Only current Global Change PhD Minor students are eligible to apply for these awards. The DIGs do not fund graduate assistantship salary or wages. Acceptable budgetary items include supplies, travel expenses for field research or to present at a professional meeting, data acquisition, and other general operations.
What are the qualifications?
Eligible students should not be defending before fall 2016 and must have:
- Submitted the GC-GIDP Intent to Declare form by March 11, 2016, which indicates participation in the GC Minor.
- Established their graduate advisory committee with one member from the Global Change Faculty from outside their home department serving as a Minor advisor.
- Submitted their graduate program Plan of Study to the Graduate College noting the Global Change Minor.
Note: A student may re-apply for a DIG award if previous applications were not funded. If a student has received a DIG award in the past, he/she may submit an application for a different purpose, but priority will be given to first-time applicants.
How to Apply
To complete an application, you will need to provide personal information and upload a single PDF file that contains:
- A cover sheet with your name, a list of committee members indicating your dissertation chair and your GC Minor member, your dissertation title, and expected graduation date
- An abstract describing your interdisciplinary research in global change and detailing how the grant will support the research (500 words or less)
- Think strategically; convince the reviewers that this is a good investment!
- A CV
- A concise budget justification statement (1 page or less), including a timeline. At a minimum, the budget justification must address the following questions:
- How is your research interdisciplinary?
- How will this money be used to support your research?
- What will this great enable you to do that you otherwise couldn’t?
- A simple budget
Applications are closed.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm, Mountain Time, on April 1, 2016.
Award winners will be contacted via email no later than May 1, 2016.
Funds must be used by August 31, 2016.